Although we started out with phone service, GVTC now provides the latest cutting-edge technologies you'd find in any major city, including:
- Ultra-speed Internet
- Digital cable TV
- Unlimited local & long distance calling
- 24/7 security monitoring
GVTC has historically been at the forefront of technology in the Hill Country:
- In 1951, GVTC was the first to install phone service in the Hill Country region north of San Antonio
- In the 80s, we were the first to enter the cable TV industry in the Hill Country offering customers an alternative to satellite TV
- In the 80s we were also the first to offer security system options to Hill Country residents bundled with telephone service
- In the 1990s, we were the first to install fiber optics between offices
- During this decade, we became the first to deliver Fiber-To-The-Home technology to South Texas And that dedication for continual technology advancement and innovation continues to this day.
Our Customer Service
Maybe it's because we ARE the customers. Maybe it's because we ARE Texans. Or maybe it's just because we know how we would like to be treated. Whatever the reason, GVTC customer service is like no other. Although we are driven to continually make advancements on the technology forefront, we strive to maintain the friendly service that GVTC was built upon. We listen to our customers and respond to their needs by implementing new technologies and serving their communities.
In 1951, GVTC brought phone service to the Hill Country when no one else would. Back then we were called pioneers. Now we're called just plain driven. You see, the folks at GVTC were born under a mission statement that wants to connect you to the world, not conquer it. So our focus is on providing YOU better technology and better service.
All these factors make choosing GVTC as your provider just plain smart.