Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook.
- Select Tools > Account Settings from the menu at the top of the screen.
- The Accounts window should appear and a list of email accounts should appear. Double-click on the email account that you would like to modify.
- The E-mail Accounts window should appear. Click on the More Settings... button in the lower-right corner of the window.
- The Internet E-mail Settings window should appear. Click on the tab that says Outgoing Server.
- A checkbox with the words My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication will be at the top of the page. Make sure this checkbox is checked.
- Directly below the checkbox is a circular radio button with the words Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Make sure this circle is selected and then click OK at the bottom of the page.
- You will be returned to the E-mail Accounts window. Click the Next button at the bottom of the page.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the Congratulations! page.
GVTC Help Desk technicians are available
24 hours a day for your convenience at
888-451-6821 / email@example.com